Friday, October 11, 2013

Packing! (What to bring on mini trips outside of Cambridge)

Alright so before I begin my post I thought I'd clarify a few things:

1. Someone asked me why I'm updating it now not at the moment. Honestly I did intend to update this blog but I was incredibly caught up with studying abroad that I did forget to update my blog; however, I did write little notes in a journal and have multiple pictures so hopefully this makes up for my forgetfulness.

Ok this post is aimed mainly for future PKPers; however, for those wondering what exactly do you pack for a 4 day trip to Edinburgh...

Here's my Checklist and tips.

Mini luggage. Oh my god I wished how badly I knew how convenient a mini luggage was before I left California. I had trouble fitting everything into 2 tote bags and a backpack.

Note: Make sure you leave room in your luggage for a souvenir or two from Edinburgh!

1. Hiking shoes (seriously...most of the events available involve  hiking or walking to some degree.) Supposedly if you're not dressed appropriately for a hike you can't go so do have some kind of shoes for the LONG trek..
2. Rain coat or panchos. Or if you're like me Both! So a few weeks ago in the checklist of things to bring or consider it said raincoat. I'm paranoid, and when I heard that it's going to rain in Edinburgh my thought was to be super prepared.
3. Clothing you can change into (fresh laundry preferred) I haven't done laundry yet and it's almost been a week so I'm a bit worried and will probably do laundry soon. 
       - long jeans/ long pants in general because it'll be rainy and windy. 
       - something comfortable that doesn't restrict you for ceilidh dancing.
       - socks + maybe another pair of shoes (like for showering or what not.)
       - sweaters and hoodies.
       - sleepwear and enough undergarments for the trip.
4. Camera + amazing places + capturing moments. Enough said.
5. Wallet, id, and Pounds to buy souvenirs etc.
6. The little "Edinburgh pocket map and guide" that's given in the welcoming packet.

7. Other necessities (soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels etc.)
Finally 8. Your excitement to Edinburgh.

Optional but useful:
1. laptop for homework if anyone has any... (warning wifi isn't free at University of Edinburgh.) 

2. Journals for recording stories and memories.

Oh and final tip. 
    <- This.


If anyone has anything else to add to this list feel free to leave a comment, and I'll update whenever I can. 

Until then, Cheers!

-Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment